Beautiful Angels

Beautiful Angels

Thursday, April 27, 2017

Continuing Story of Angel Encounters - A STORY OF FAITH

In life we all have adventures.  Some are the result of circumstances, some are pure choice, and some are a mistake that leads us down an unfortunate path.  Every day our lives are full of choices whether we are aware of them or not.  The big choices make very huge and long lasting imprints on our lives and our memories.  It is usually the choices that are mistakes that teach us the most about ourselves and our relationship with God.  During every choice and every adventure there is always an angel by our side.  WE commonly refer to this angel as our Guardian Angel but the angels reference this as the one who never leaves.  In difficult times there are usually more angels watching over and providing assistance, especially if we consciously ask for help.  



When going through something difficult the angel that is sent to help may appear in human form for a brief period of time.  This happens more than you may ever realize.  This next story happened after reaching Tampa Florida and working their for a while.  The three of us had stopped briefly in Georgia and I had been able to visit with my son and ex-husband.  Leaving there was difficult but I felt obligated to continue on with them as I had made a promise to help get their new ministry stated in Florida. The deep desire to please God and to show my love for God was a primary motivation and I felt at the time to do this I had to go to Florida for the purpose of honoring God and my personal commitment to Him.  However, some choices are just really bad mistakes and the journey gets pretty rough and confusing.  

The situation quickly became very abusive, mostly verbally, and I began to long to leave.  Confused about what was the 'right' choice to make next I set out by myself one afternoon and spent a couple hours in prayer and meditation.  
The answer came to me very clearly.  "For where your treasure is there your heart will be also."  Luke 12:34  My heart longed for my son and that was my treasure.  I really did not belong in Florida regardless of good intentions.  After arriving back at the apartment I realized I had understood this very clear directive but I was still afraid I was letting God down.  I paced in my room and asked God, "Am I letting you down by leaving here?"  Again I received a very clear answer which was simply, "I never told you to go in the first place!"  Whoa...so this whole misadventure had been the result of my own ego.  That was embarrassing but also a great relief.  I was free to leave and head back to Georgia to be with my son.  I began to pack.

Now that I had clear direction the next question was how this would unfold.  I said a little prayer, "Okay God, here we go.  Please show me what to do next."  I informed the leader of the group I would be leaving immediately and he went to the bank and brought back my share of our money which was $65.00.  I took it, grabbed my bed roll which had a couple sets of clothes, toothbrush, hair brush, and Bible and set out down the road.  Then I quickly realized I had no clue where the bus station was or which direction to walk. However, I needed to find a laundromat so I could clean my uniform from the job I had been working to return it to them in good condition.  Then I would be free to find the bus station.  I reached a crossroads so to speak and put my bed roll down to get my bearings and hopefully hear some kind of direction.  It started to rain...

So I stood there staring at the rain for what seemed just a minute or two thinking, "So this happened...now what?"  A car pulled up and stopped by the curb where I was standing.  There were three young people inside, two men and a lady.  They asked if I needed help.  I said, "Well, yes, if you could tell me which direction to walk to find the nearest bus station I would appreciate your help."  They said, "If you need to get to the bus station we will be glad to take you."  I said, "That is so kind but I must first find a laundromat to clean my uniform and then return it before I can head for the bus station."  They immediately replied, "No problem, we are headed to the laundromat right now and the bus station is on the way.  If you would like, give us your uniform and we will wash it with our things and return it for you.  Right now just jump in the back and we will take you to the bus station."  


It started to rain even harder and I felt these individuals were truly kind and helpful.  I felt deep down they where sent by God.  I gathered up my bed roll, and climbed into their back seat.  We made idle talk as they drove but all I remember is thinking they didn't appear to be angels but they certainly felt like they were.  I fished out my uniform and left it for them as they had requested.  At the bus station they insisted on carrying my bed roll in for me and waiting until I had secured my ticket to Georgia.  As soon as I had the ticket in my hand I turned to thank them but they were completely gone.  I had enough money left to get a burger at the restaurant in the station so I sat down and enjoyed a meal while waiting for the bus.  Oddly, the thought never came across my mind that I might be in danger or what would happen once I got to Georgia.  I just sat there rejoicing over a good meal and a ticket to see my son.


Once in Georgia getting off the bus I was a little bewildered not knowing what to do next.  What direction should I walk?

There as a taxi cab driver waiting at the front of the station where all the taxis lined up waiting for fairs.  This is not the man but I remember him looking a lot like this.  He said, "Miss, do you need a taxi?"  I said, "I wish I could afford a taxi, sir, as I really have no clue where I am headed from here but I have no money.  Thank you though."  We spoke for a few minutes and the next thing I knew he had me in his cab in the front seat and we were headed to a small local cafe for a bit of breakfast.  Once there we sat at the counter and a  friend of his joined us for breakfast.  His friend was a local construction worker .  Between the two of them they discussed my situation, looked at the paper for possible apartments and then decided my best option would be to call my ex-husband's house and tell them I was in town.  I did not want to do this until I had secured a job and a place to live but they insisted so I finally gave in and made the call.  My ex-husband's new wife answered the phone so I told her my situation.  She insisted in no uncertain terms that i would take a bus to their town and she would pick me up and be a guest at their home until I found a job and a place to live. The cab driver insisted he would drive me to the next town to get the better Marta connection to take to to my son's home town.  He never charged me a penny.  A couple weeks later I made a trip to the bus station to find the cab driver to thank him again and maybe buy him a meal but I never did find him.  I asked around but no one knew of him. I spent two weeks with my ex and his family and found a live-in nanny job.  I got to see my son on the weekends.  

Were the people I encountered on my journey to Georgia just very kind and helpful people or were they angels unawares?  After settled into my new job I made a call to Florida to the company where I had worked.  They said some people had dropped off my clean uniform a couple days after I left the job.  Pretty cool right?

No comments:

Post a Comment