Beautiful Angels

Beautiful Angels

Thursday, April 27, 2017

AN ANGEL CAME TO MY JOB

Angels are pure beings of light and their mission is to watch over us humans. They are gentle and come as a whisper. Sometimes they do take human form when the situation is required but once they have completed their task they are gone from sight. You have probably met them at different times in your life but just didn't realize. They don't announce, "Hey, I am an angel, look at me." They are pure love as they bring God's message of love and protection. Invite your angels into your life. Thank them for their presence.

Sometimes angels are given the task of appearing in human form in order to offer their assistance even when you don't ask.  So since my last story things changed again.  The first job in health care had led to another job working in an adult foster care home.  That was a lovely experience and it ended up being a kind of ministry.  However, my son was living with his dad in Georgia and I was still in Michigan.  There had to be a way to move to Georgia.  Two individuals from the church I attended decided they would set out to Florida to begin their own church and they asked me to go with them.  I decided to go along as it would at least be an opportunity to stop in Georgia and see my son.  
This is where we ended up,Tampa Florida, and the best part was the beach, although we only went there once and just to perform baptism.  Still, it was something to remember.  The three of us had pooled all of our available funds and we piled as much of our immediate belongings into his small red car as possible.  Once there we had enough to get a small and very meek apartment to share.  We were all fasting for long periods of time so we didn't need much for food but it was necessary to get jobs quickly.  My friend Vicki and I set out walking into town to see if we could find work.  We were both hired immediately to work at an S & S Cafeteria as floor help.  This was WAY outside of my wheel house.  Carrying things without spilling them was never one of my talents.  But, it was a paycheck.  

So then this happened...
This wasn't the restaurant but it looked a lot like this on Sundays.  It was my job to work the floor and that meant doing a lot of waitressing.   Again, not my talent at all!  It didn't take long before I found myself almost in tears...overwhelmed with the confusion and my inability to handle the many full drink trays, etc.  At the point of almost shear panic a customer touched my arm as I passed by his table. He was so calm and reassuring some how. I stopped in my tracks, filled tray in hand, and stood there staring at him.  He said, "What is wrong child?"  I was stunned and not sure what to answer.  In that moment all of the noise and confusion melted away and I felt sunshine and an instant calm came over me.  I told him I was struggling with the job and he said, "It will all be fine."  I thanked him and continued to the back with my tray.  When I walked out to the front again he was gone.  I asked everyone who worked there and some of the customers near his table if they had seen where the man went and they all said they had seen no man there.  There had been two ladies there and they had just left.  No one had seen the man!  I had and I will never forget him.  He appeared and then was gone.  The rest of my time working in the restaurant did go well and things did work out in a much unexpected way.  

There is no doubt in my mind that that was an angel that i had encountered unawares...it was a feeling that I just do not know how to explain.  

There are many ways that angels will appear.  Next I will tell the story of how angels appear in yet a different form.  I do however, love to think of angels like this..


No comments:

Post a Comment